Reflecting on why HIV/AIDs is common amongst youths, I realized that, it is the activities most youths carryout that increases their exposure to the virus.
Apart from the virus being transmitted at birth from mother to child, there are other ways through which young adults are more exposed to HIV/AIDS.
Note: HIV is the virus while AIDs is the sickness. When you get infected with the HIV virus, then you are said to have AIDs.
Nevertheless, in this post I’ll like to share some advice on how the HIV virus can be prevented.
One must know and understand that, this virus Isn’t like other viruses for example, covid-19. HIV on its own has a very mild or in some cases little or no symptoms. Especially during the beginning stages of the sickness.
This therefore means that, many people can be carriers of the virus without knowing. That’s why my advice goes thus:
1. Do you HIV tests after every 3months.
If you think 3months is too recurrent for you, you can decide to do it twice a year that is with 6months intervals.
Note: it’s better to get know your status and get treated rather than allow the virus kill you from inside.
Anti-retroviral drugs are free treatment given to AIDs patients which enables them live a normal life. However, as of date, there’s is no definite cute for HIV/AIDs.
2. Avoid Pre-marital sex
I know by saying this , I have nailed it!!😅😅 and most youths won’t agree with me on the this. But I can assure you, it’s one of the best way to avoid HIV.
Most youths will say Contraceptives such as condoms could be used to avoid HIV and other STDs but I’m telling you, Abstinence is the best. Besides why should we even talk about Contraceptives when abstinence is the key. Why risk it?
Abstinence V. Contraceptives
Abstinence is a personal decision of which a person decides not to engage in any sexual intercourse with the the opposite or same sex before marriage. This is done inorder to avoid HIV or STDs. It is the most efficient method of preventing HIV.
Contraceptives (in here referring mainly to condoms) on the other hand, is a preventive linen that protects parties involved in sexual intercourse against HIV or STDs.
Condoms are very risky as they can fall off, be removed or burst during sexual intercourse thereby leaving the parties vulnerable to HIV or STDs.
So right now, the ball is in your court, choose which to practice.
3. Avoid sharing sharp objects with others
Avoid Sharing sharp objects such as blades, needles, knives etc. This is because, If a carrier cuts any part of his/her body, and you subsequently use it and cut yourself too, you might get infected with the virus too.
I hope my advice meets the right ears. Please do well to leave a comment in the comment section and we’ll be happy if you could check out other blog posts from us.
- Young Adults Amidst Covid-19 pandemic
- You must be shameless if you are an adult and still do this
- You are ready to leave home if you can do the following;(part 2)
- You are ready to leave home if you can do the following;(Part 1)
- Why is HIV/AIDs Common Amongst youths? An advice!
- While you are busy chatting online, people are making millions: see how👇👇
- What’s your covid-19 Status?
- What to do when your heart is in love with the wrong person💔
- What can I do with my excess cash?
- What a wicked world: The intentional infection of HIV/AIDs by carriers to non-carriers
- To Love or Not To Love?
- Tips To Know About Making Money
- This Thing Called Love❤️
- They told me I have such potential so why am I growing so slowly?
- The Joy of Independence that comes with Adulthood
- The Impact of Covid-19 on Good Hygiene
- The family grows Bigger
- The benefits of a good hygiene on your health.
- Tamming Your Emotions
- Nine tips to fight against “COVID-19”
- My Love❤️
- My Biggest Adulting Lesson
- MONEY IS EVIL
- Love is not Enough!💔
- Love Chronicles 1: Love is not War
- Letting Go!
- Let’s say NO to Covid-19 Stigma!
- Let Me Teach You How To Be Rich
- Karma is a B*tch!!
- Investment; A Gain or Loss Game!!