Before some people will crucify me, but before they do that, let’s get a glimpse of the context of Poverty, which is appropriate to this article.
Our focus here is not on absolute poverty but on relative poverty.
Human beings are characterized with unlimited wants which makes them describe themselves often as being “poor” whereas they are not.
There are a lot of genuinely poor people out there, but they don’t shout it out on housetops or social media, No! Because they don’t want to wallow in self pity.
Now here is the truth: the difference between being poor or rich, lies with the aspect of being CONTENTED.
Yes, you heard me right!! Be contented.
Have you ever wondered why some people are not happy in life? It is because they can’t seem to accept and be grateful for what GOD has done for them. Yes, they always want more. But, it’s okay, No problem!! But I hope you know, your wants are unlimited and you might never be totally satisfied.
Someone might have 2 million Fcfa in his bank account, but is living in misery in the name of wanting to have more. Claiming to be poor, while forgetting to know that there are people out there who don’t have a dime.
Being contented does not in anyway mean being lazy or not growing ambitions, No! Being contented means, appreciating what you have, and learn to live with it while expecting for more.
How can someone have a job, a place to sleep, food to eat, water to drink and even some little extra cash saved, yet they say, they are “poor“? That’s a typical insult to people who don’t have food, nor water, nor shelter. Infact, it is offensive!
I am not a critic, nor a fan. I’m just a realist growing up to Adulthood. My opinion!!
- Adulthood is a Quest
- Tips To Know About Making Money
- How can a Young adult make Money?
- The Joy of Independence that comes with Adulthood
- I Dare you to Spend Your Money Wisely
- Christmas Should Be Postponed
- MONEY IS EVIL
- Are You Suffering? Continue It’s Your Turn!!
- You are ready to leave home if you can do the following;(Part 1)
- You are ready to leave home if you can do the following;(part 2)
- You must be shameless if you are an adult and still do this
- Do I really have to save?
- As a young adult, this is what you should invest in👇👇👇
- Investment; A Gain or Loss Game!!
- Let Me Teach You How To Be Rich
- I Just Want To Be Rich!😞
- As an adult, Should My Parents still give me money?
- Ambition : The Ultimate secret to Wealth
- While you are busy chatting online, people are making millions: see how👇👇
- What can I do with my excess cash?